Computer Maintenance & Repair Services
To help illustrate how you can use your Guardian Tech, here you will find common computer repair services we offer, as well as computer maintenance services we use to help prevent computer problems.
From hard drive failures to freezes to your computer just not starting at all, your Guardian Tech is an expert at fixing computer problems, including diagnosing the issue and explaining and implementing the solution.
- Unexpected shut offs and over heating – If your computer turns off unexpectedly you have a serious computer problem that probably has to do with the computer hardware. Its advised that you contact one of our computer repair techs, because hardware replacement is not something you want to handle on your own.
- Blue Screens and Error Messages – If your computer prompts your with error messages, needs to close certain programs, or needs to be restarted frequently this is another problem best left to a professional. Often times your data can be removed safely and then the hard drive can be cleared and data reloaded.
- Can’t get on the internet – Connecting through the wireless or hardwired network at home or at work can be complicated. Many times you can connect to the network but not the internet.
- Frequent pop ups and advertisements – Your computer has likely been infected by spyware. See our page on spyware removal.
- Computer Virus Symptoms - Data loss is the worse case scenario, but viruses can also send themselves to your entire contact list. If your contacts notify you of strange emails they received from you, you have a virus. See our page on virus removal.
Your computer may not have any specific problem that needs to be fixed other than poor performance. As your computer gets older it gets bogged down with different programs, data, and less intrusive forms of spyware and malware. If you computer is running slowly here are some computer maintenance services offered by our support techs.
- Stay Updated – Frequent messages asking you to update can be annoying, but there is usually a very good reason to update. Updates often make programs run more efficiently and can offer additional protections from new types of malware. Virus protection and windows updates are the most important to stay up to date, but it is also important to update Adobe flash player, Java Updates, and updates from your computer manufacturer.
- Remove unwanted programs – New computers often come with many programs you will never use. Also, you may install programs and then no longer have a need for them. We recommend letting a trained computer tech take a look at your program list, but you can remove programs on your own through the windows control panel.
- File Cleanup – Through the control panel you can choose to delete temporary files, the recycle bin, and other unneeded files.
- Remove unwanted taskbar programs – The area of small icons on the bottom right of your windows screen contains programs that are running in the background. When too many of these programs are running it slows down the computer. Often times many of these can be removed from the taskbar, so they only run when they are needed.
- Program Selection – Some programs are notorious for taking up too much memory. Our Guardian Techs can take a look at the software on your computer and recommend better software solutions that will make your computer run more efficiently. Many times these programs are available for free on the internet.